Council on Educational Policy
Functions of this committee
According to the College of Engineering bylaws, the Council on Educational Policy shall be responsible for:
- All curricular policy matters at the College level, including general oversight of courses and programs offered in the College for the common benefit of all departments. It shall help to stimulate new educational ideas and developments in individuals and departments;
- Considering and recommending policy and / or procedures relating to student welfare; including, but not restricted to:
- career guidance,
- academic advising and counseling,
- availability and development of educational facilities,
- awarding scholarships and fellowships,
- improvement of teaching and of programs and courses, and
- grievance procedures for students.
- Maintaining regular communications with the various student professional, honorary, and service societies and groups.
- Serving, in an informal conciliatory role, on any matter upon request from an individual student.
UW box #
|Assoc. Dean of Academic Affairs||Brian Fabien||616-9474||352180||--||--|
|EE||John Sahr, Chair||221-5729||352500||2018||1|
|Adviser Representative||Jennifer Tsai (ISE)||685-3072||352650||2018||1|
|COESAC Representative||Elizabeth Rasmussen||--||--||--||--|
* All terms end on September 15 of the year listed under Term End above.
Winter 2018 CEP meeting dates
CEP meetings run from 3:30-5:00 p.m., in Loew Hall room 355.
- January 9
- January 23
- February 6
- February 20
- March 6
Winter 2018 CEP course and program application deadlines
- January 4
- January 18
- February 1
- February 20
- March 1
Note: The monthly University Curriculum Committee deadline for course proposals is the first working day of each month.
New course applications and course change applications must be submitted through the online UW Curriculum Management system. The exception to this are renewals for DL (Distance Learning) status which must be submitted via paper forms.
The forms to create a new program or to make program changes (1503s) should be submitted as a signed hardcopy. Information on FCAS deadlines for program proposals can be found on the University Curriculum Office web site.
Please submit these forms to:
College of Engineering Academic Affairs
Council on Education Policy