Visit the College of Engineering at the beautiful University of Washington Seattle campus.
Explore the College of Engineering
Thank you for your interest in the College of Engineering! Unfortunately, our academic advisers only have capacity to meet with currently enrolled UW students at this time. Although a one-on-one meeting is not available, we encourage you to visit campus and explore the College of Engineering as you consider applying to or attending the UW.
Sign-up for a campus tour and information session. Students lead these tours, and you can listen to their experiences as you consider whether the UW is a good fit for you.
Do check the UW Campus Tours calendar for separate tours of the Dabble Lab, a high- and low-tech maker space on campus for students.
Take the College of Engineering self-guided walking tour. The tour guides you through the main engineering-affiliated buildings on campus.
If you plan to visit campus, you should consider sitting in on a class. This experience helps your decision-making process by giving you a feel for the academic experience at the UW.
Each quarter, the Office of Admissions compiles a list of all of the courses that you can sit in on. If you’re interested in the College of Engineering, we recommend sitting in on a lab science class, such as Chemistry 142, or a course like Computer Science & Engineering 142, which is required by many engineering departments.
- Read about the new direct to college admission process
- Check out the direct to college admission FAQs
- Learn how to apply to the UW and the College of Engineering as a freshman
To be considered for direct admission to the College of Engineering, select any area of engineering as your first choice major of interest on your UW application.
For admitted students
- Admitted Student Preview »
- The UW Office of Admissions welcomes admitted students to campus during designated preview days. If you are admitted to the College of Engineering, you will be invited to attend an Admitted Student Preview Day in the spring where you can learn about what it means to be an engineering student at the UW. If you have been admitted to the College of Engineering, register early for the preview day.
- Purple & Gold Experience »
- The UW invites newly admitted students of color to learn about programs that promote success, to interact with current UW students, and to find out about academic majors, support services, and social/cultural happenings on campus. The College of Engineering participates in many of the resource fairs.
Explore engineering departments
Each engineering program has information for prospective students and its own in-house advisers available. Follow the links below to find information session dates and contacts for undergraduate advisers. If you want to meet with an adviser, you should make an appointment in advance.
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Information sessions for high school and transfer students »
- Information sessions and adviser contact info »
- Chemical Engineering
- Individual appointments with the undergraduate adviser »
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Information sessions »
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information sessions »
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Information sessions and admission info »
- Human Centered Design & Engineering
- Information sessions and fairs calendar »
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Future undergraduate student information »
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Undergraduate program admission and adviser contact information »
- Mechanical Engineering
- Undergraduate admission and adviser contact information »