Welcome to the University of Washington
College of Engineering Departmental Application
The online application will be open for Autumn 2018 admissions from:
12 noon June 18th, 2018 - 5pm July 1st, 2018.
The application may open a day or two late since it is dependent on grades being posted from the previous quarter. Please check the directory link to the left for more information regarding individual departments.
If you are not currently enrolled at UW, you will need to apply to the UW prior to completing an engineering application.
Deadlines for UW applications are significantly sooner than engineering. For details, see the information for Prospective Transfer Students.
To apply you will need to:
- Set up your NetID as soon as you receive your application acknowledgement letter from the UW admissions office. This process can take several days. You will use this NetID to log in to the College of Engineering on-line application.
- Complete the prerequisite course requirements for Early Admissions,
Upper Division Admissions,
or Computer Science
prior to the application deadline. Applicants with incomplete coursework should contact individual
departments before the application period ends to learn if you can be eligible to apply.
- Submit transcripts from ALL colleges or universities that you have attended.
UW transcripts can be downloaded or printed from MyUW.
All departments require submission of electronic copies of transcripts via the admissions application.
Please read and follow all instructions regarding transcript submission carefully.
|unofficial UW transcript (PDF format)
||unofficial transcripts from all transfer institutions (PDF format)
- Fill out application sections including personal information (name, contact information), an education summary (list of all colleges attended,
dates, GPAs and credits), an employment summary (list of work experience and dates), a departmental selection page (list of departments to which you are applying),
and a corresponding courses summary page (list of all prerequisite and other relevant classes required for all departments to which you are applying).
Information already available on your UW transcript will automatically be filled in with options to edit.
Otherwise, new students will need to type in the information. Additions and deletions can be made at any time while
the application is open and before the application is officially submitted.
- Respond to a short-answer question.
- Write a personal statement for each department.
Student information may be used by other UW groups for purposes such as recruiting.