Welcome to the University of Washington
College of Engineering Departmental Application
All applications for Autumn 2016 admissions were due 5pm July 1st.
The online application will re-open in January for Spring 2017 admissions
once grades from the previous quarter have been posted.
The application is dependent on these grades so it cannot be opened sooner. Please check the directory link to the left for more information regarding individual departments.
If you completed an application, you may view and print summaries for your records or check on the status of your application.
During the next application period, previous application information will not be available.
To apply you will need to:
- Set up your NetID as soon as you receive your application acknowledgement letter from the UW admissions office. This process can take several days. You will use this NetID to log in to the College of Engineering on-line application.
- Complete the prerequisite course requirements for Early Admissions,
Upper Division Admissions,
or Computer Science
prior to the application deadline. Applicants with incomplete coursework should contact individual
departments before the application period ends to learn if you can be eligible to apply.
- Submit transcripts from ALL colleges or universities that you have attended.
UW transcripts can be downloaded or printed from MyUW.
All departments require submission of electronic copies of transcripts via the admissions application.
Please read and follow all instructions regarding transcript submission carefully.
|unofficial UW transcript (PDF format)
||unofficial transcripts from all transfer institutions (PDF format)
- Fill out application sections including personal information (name, contact information), an education summary (list of all colleges attended,
dates, GPAs and credits), an employment summary (list of work experience and dates), a departmental selection page (list of departments to which you are applying),
and a corresponding courses summary page (list of all prerequisite and other relevant classes required for all departments to which you are applying).
Information already available on your UW transcript will automatically be filled in with options to edit.
Otherwise, new students will need to type in the information. Additions and deletions can be made at any time while
the application is open and before the application is officially submitted.
- Respond to a short-answer question.
- Write a personal statement for each department.
If you are not currently enrolled at UW, you will need to apply to the UW prior to completing an engineering application.
Deadlines for UW applications are significantly sooner than engineering. For details, see the information for Prospective Transfer Students.
Student information may be used by other UW groups for purposes such as recruiting.