Skip to main content


International Student Resources

Students who need an F-1 student visa or have other types of temporary, non-immigrant visas are considered international students.

For help clarifying your status as an international student, complete the International Student Helper.

Application information

International students apply to UW Engineering through the normal admissions process, either through the Freshman Admission or Graduate School Admission process. International students should pay attention to the additional requirements for application:

U.S. government executive order on immigration

The University of Washington is closely monitoring the changing situation regarding the executive order and its impact on our community members. As communicated by UW President Ana Marie Cauce, the UW is proud to be home to students, faculty, staff and scholars from around the world. We stand with them and will provide them with support as needed.

Incoming exchange students

To attend UW as an exchange student, you must be enrolled at one of our partner universities and nominated as a candidate for exchange by the International Office at your home university. Contact your university's exchange coordinator for questions about the nomination and selection process.

The UW Study Abroad Office provides resources and information for visiting exchange students.