What is included?
- Abaqus/CAE (interactive licenses) "Complete Abaqus Environment" It is a software application used for both the modeling and analysis of mechanical components and assemblies (pre-processing) and visualizing the finite element analysis result.
- Abaqus/Standard, a general-purpose Finite-Element analyzer that employs implicit integration scheme (traditional).
- Abaqus/CFD, a Computational Fluid Dynamics software application which provides advanced computational fluid dynamics capabilities with extensive support for preprocessing and postprocessing provided in Abaqus/CAE.
- Abaqus/Explicit, a special-purpose Finite-Element analyzer that employs explicit integration scheme to solve highly nonlinear systems with many complex contacts under transient loads.
- Abaqus/Electromagnetic, a Computational electromagnetics software application which solves advanced computational electromagnetic problems.
Abaqus can be ordered through the College of Engineering software purchasing site. Leases renew each June.
Note: UW budget number only.
Today, product simulation is often being performed by engineering groups using niche simulation tools from different vendors to simulate various design attributes. The use of multiple vendor software products creates inefficiencies and increases costs. SIMULIA delivers a scalable suite of unified analysis products that allow all users, regardless of their simulation expertise or domain focus, to collaborate and seamlessly share simulation data and approved methods without loss of information fidelity.
The Abaqus Unified FEA product suite offers powerful and complete solutions for both routine and sophisticated engineering problems covering a vast spectrum of industrial applications. In the automotive industry engineering work groups are able to consider full vehicle loads, dynamic vibration, multibody systems, impact/crash, nonlinear static, thermal coupling, and acoustic-structural coupling using a common model data structure and integrated solver technology. Best-in-class companies are taking advantage of Abaqus Unified FEA to consolidate their processes and tools, reduce costs and inefficiencies, and gain a competitive advantage.
License Definitions and Details
Abaqus may be used via an interactive GUI. Interactive use requires a CAE license. In addition, analysis tokens are required.
This table shows the number of tokens required based upon the number of simultaneous users.
|Number of Tokens Required|
|Simultaneous Users||Analysis Tokens*||CAE licenses|
|*Assuming Abaqus/Standard or Explicit with one processor|
The table below shows the number of analysis tokens required to execute one analysis according to functionality and the number of processors used.
|Number of CPUs (or cores)|
|Number of analysis tokens required|
|Abaqus/Explicit (including CEL)||5||6||8||12||14||16||19||21||28||38|
Licenses are leased as concurrent use licenses within the campus wide pool.
The Concurrent Use License (CUL) may be installed on multiple machines but a license server will regulate the usage to the number of licenses leased. A CUL requires an internet connection to the license server in order to operate.
Using Abaqus available through this program for commercial purposes is expressly excluded.
Note: Licenses available through this program renew annually each June. Each annual license will terminate and the software included in this program will stop operating after expiration of the subscription term unless renewed by the user.
Download the tar files from https://downloads.engr.washington.edu/downloads/distribution/Abaqus/
On a Windows computer, I use the program 7zip to extract the files from the tar archive
See section 2 of the Abaqus Installation and Licensing Guide.pdf for the order you need to use when installing Abaqus. Skip the License Server section. The flexlm license server has already been installed and configured.
to path variable
Questions regarding Abaqus licenses including leasing, and renewal should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org