UW IT Connect guide on working remotely shares resources available to UW students, faculty and staff.
Access is department specific.
- Directions for Dean’s Staff and ISE.
- Other departments, consult with your department IT about remote desktop options.
NOT recommended to use for Zoom Meetings/Teams calls. Use your personal computer or other device to access Zoom.
- Use the Avaya app to make and receive calls with your desk phone number using your computer.
- Husky OnNet VPN is required to be connected to use the Avaya app off-campus.
- Set up Extension Connect to make and receive calls with your desk phone number using your cell phone.
Instant messaging & video conference resources
- Microsoft Teams
- Accessible to anyone with an O365 Exchange account.
- Sign in to UW Zoom
- Invite people to your Zoom meeting
- Register for a Zoom webinar
- Use the breakout room feature
- Configure a Zoom Personal meeting room
- Published links to personal meeting rooms are permanently associated with your Zoom account.
- Personal meeting room enables use of the Waiting Room
- Join the UW Zoom listserv for updates.
- Need more help? Contact email@example.com.