Student groups such as UW Formula SAE
What is included?
Siemens NX, formally Unigraphics NX
Subscription to Learning Advantage, free on-line training for NX as well as Solid Edge
Free to student group
Siemens NX can be ordered through the College of Engineering software purchasing site.
Siemens NX is used, among other tasks, for:
- Design (parametric and direct solid/surface modelling)
- Engineering analysis (static; dynamic; electro-magnetic; thermal, using the finite element method; and fluid, using the finite volume method).
- Manufacturing finished design by using included machining modules.
License Definitions and Details
Licenses are concurrent use licenses within the campus wide pool.
The Concurrent Use License (CUL) may be installed on multiple machines but a license server will regulate the usage to the number of licenses leased. A CUL requires an internet connection to the license server in order to operate.
Using Siemens NX available through this program for commercial purposes is expressly excluded.
Note: Licenses available through this program renew annually each June.
Run the setup.exe program to install. You will likely run into an error "There are no licenses available". Set the environment variable "UGS_LICENSE_BUNDLE" to ACD30, ACD31.
Questions regarding Siemens NX licenses should be addressed to: email@example.com
The Siemens Support Center provides the following for all Siemens Digital Industries Software products:
• Installation files
• Knowledge base
• Support cases
• Product updates
• License/order information
To get access please visit the site and use the following information:
• Sold-To/Install number: 0001734117
• Web Access Code (WAC): C92VTUPC93