Emergency & Safety Information
- Fire Safety & Evacuation Plan for Loew Hall (updated 10/24/2019)
- This plan describes responsibilities, duties, and procedures of occupants regarding fire emergencies and building evacuations at Loew Hall.
- Emergency Preparedness for Instructors and Teaching Assistants »
- Includes links to posters of emergency and evacuation procedures you can print.
- Hazard Fact Sheet »
- Information on office supplies and their hazard potential.
- Dean’s Office Accident Prevention Plan
- The Dean’s Office follows the UW Accident Prevention Plan. Other departments and organizations within the College of Engineering should supplement this UW document to address additional hazards their employees may encounter. All employees should review their plan during orientation; note the New Employee Health and Safety Orientation checklist linked within the plan.
- To report hateful flyers, graffiti, and vandalism within the College of Engineering
- Reporting procedures for notifying the college, university and police.
Group 9 (CoE) Health and Safety Committee
The Group 9 (CoE) Health and Safety Committee reviews CoE accident / incident reports and sends a representative to the University-Wide Health and Safety Committee. Elections are held every two years. See Health and Safety Committees on the UW Environmental Health & Safety website.
|Michael Domar||Aeronautics & Astronautics|
|Kameron Harmon||Chemical Engineering|
|Sean Yeung; proxy Michael Brett||Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|Alexander Lefort; proxy Adrian dela Cruz||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Sonia Honeydew; proxy Michael Glidden||College of Engineering - Dean's Office|
|Mike Kane; proxy Ary Prasetyowati||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Stacia Green||Human Centered Design & Engineering|
|Sheila Prusa; proxy Neelu Rajvanshi||Industrial & Systems Engineering|
|Tatyana Galenko||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Svenja Fleischer; proxy Bill Kuykendall||Mechanical Engineering|
|Christine Kang||UAW 4121|
|Group 9 Ex-Officio:|
|Michael Pomfret||Clean Energy Institute|
|Andreea Minea; proxy Erin McKeown||Environmental Health & Safety|
|John Young; proxy Madison Weaver||MolES & NanoES|
|N. Shane Patrick; proxy Maria Huffman||Washington Nanofabrication Facility|
Register for all-campus sessions to learn the warning signs and how to respond to violent or potentially violent situations. Open to students, faculty and staff.
A range of safety and security links organized by category.
This video serves as a useful introduction, promoting safe work practices at the University of Washington.