Emergency & Safety Information
The Group 9 (CoE) Health and Safety Committee election has begun with a call for employee nominations, open through 5pm September 6th. The call for nominations was emailed to engineering email lists for faculty and staff, which includes paid student employees. Nominees willing to serve will be included in the election that will take place approximately September 16th-27th. Election results will determine the elected membership of the 2020-2021 committee. Please contact election coordinator Heather Wilson with any questions or concerns.
- Fire Safety & Evacuation Plan for Loew Hall (updated 07/2018)
- This plan describes responsibilities, duties, and procedures of occupants regarding fire emergencies and building evacuations at Loew Hall.
- Emergency Preparedness for Instructors and Teaching Assistants »
- Includes links to posters of emergency and evacuation procedures you can print.
- Hazard Fact Sheet »
- Information on office supplies and their hazard potential.
- Dean’s Office Accident Prevention Plan
- The Dean’s Office follows the UW Accident Prevention Plan. Other departments and organizations within the College of Engineering should supplement this UW document to address additional hazards their employees may encounter. All employees should review their plan during orientation; note the New Employee Health and Safety Orientation checklist linked within the plan.
- To report hateful flyers, graffiti, and vandalism within the College of Engineering
- Reporting procedures for notifying the college, university and police.
Group 9 (CoE) Health and Safety Committee
The Group 9 (CoE) Health and Safety Committee reviews CoE accident / incident reports and sends a representative to the University-Wide Health and Safety Committee. Elections are held every two years. See Health and Safety Committees on the UW Environmental Health & Safety website.
|Fiona Spencer||Aeronautics & Astronautics|
|Kameron Harmon||Chemical Engineering|
|Sean Yeung||Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|Alexander Lefort||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Sonia Honeydew||College of Engineering - Dean's Office|
|John Young||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Stacia Green||Human Centered Design & Engineering|
|Sheila Prusa||Industrial & Systems Engineering|
|Tatyana Galenko||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Bill Kuykendall||Mechanical Engineering|
|Group 9 Ex-Officio:|
|Michael Pomfret||Clean Energy Institute|
|Angie Haggard||Environmental Health & Safety|
|Madison Weaver||MolES & NanoES|
|Darick Baker||Washington Nanofabrication Facility|
Register for all-campus sessions to learn the warning signs and how to respond to violent or potentially violent situations. Open to students, faculty and staff.
A range of safety and security links organized by category.
This video serves as a useful introduction, promoting safe work practices at the University of Washington.