Resources for 2021 Autumn:
- ET&L's mid-quarter course assessment request form (due Thursday, October 07, 9:00 am)
- ET&L's Autumn Quarter Instruction FAQ and Guidance for TAs FAQ
- ET&L individual consultation by appointment with Ken Yasuhara (email@example.com)
The Office for the Advancement of Engineering Teaching & Learning (ET&L) offers instructional services to all UW engineering educators.
ET&L services are tailored to the specific needs of engineering faculty. We build on current research to offer a diverse set of instructional development opportunities. Recognizing the time and intellectual commitments of educators at a large research university, ET&L instructional services are always:
- Grounded in scholarship
- Personalized to your needs
- Flexible, integrated, and systematic
In our experience, small changes over time lead to big payoffs. Our clients have enhanced learning and teaching in their courses and improved their teaching evaluations. See ET&L's 2019 spring impact report and the information below to learn more about our services.
- One-to-one consultations »
- A confidential conversation with an ET&L consultant with the aim of mutually determining what resources, services, and advice will help you achieve your teaching goals.
- Formative course assessments »
- A system of data collection methods and analysis used formatively for teachers to make targeted teaching or course improvements.
- Education resources & expertise »
- Domain expertise (e.g., literature reviews, expertise on curriculum development, assessments, pedagogies, and student development) that will save time by helping you quickly locate the most appropriate research to support your teaching goals.