Get hands-on experience in your field, get paid and potentially earn credits toward your degree.
Internships serve as a critical experience for students to apply their in classroom learning to a real world experience. Students that participate in a structured internship program may be eligible to receive credit through the College of Engineering. Some Engineering departments allow students to apply their internship credit to their degree requirements. Available to both undergraduate (ENGR 321) & graduate (ENGR 601) students alike, gaining credit helps to provide structure to ensure that students leave their internship with relevant, meaningful experience. Students registered in these courses do not pay full tuition in order to keep their student status and benefits.
Getting course credit for an internship in 3 steps
- 1. Find an internship that is at least 50% engineering-related.
- Use resources such as HuskyJobs and other online search engines, Career Fairs and networking.
- 2. Apply for credit by filling out the registration form.
- When registration is open, find the link in the table below.
- After registering, you receive an invitation to attend an Internship Info Session.
- After attending an info session, you will be added to the course.
Quarter Registration opens Priority deadline Final deadline Fall 2017 September 1, 2017 October 3, 2017 October 17, 2017 Winter 2018 November 3, 2017 January 10, 2018 January 23, 2018 Spring 2018 February 9, 2017 April 2, 2018 April 16, 2018 Summer 2018 April 17, 2017 June 25, 2018 July 8, 2018
- 3. Complete and submit the internship assignments.
For more assistance and/or guidance, visit the CC@E or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Engineering Internships
Career Center Calendar