The WE Rise mentoring program supports students' personal and professional development by facilitating close relationships with experienced mentors.
In partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), the mentoring program connects students with engineering mentors and builds connections with leaders across professions. The program begins with the fall quarter welcome and orientation, with mentoring offered through winter and spring quarters.
WE Rise mentoring aims to:
- Increased understanding and confidence about STEM major choices
- Help with exploring various pathways at the College of Engineering
- Exposure to the university campus and available resources
- Connection to peers and increased sense of community
- Information on career pathways
- Support with goal setting and achievements
- Encouragement with pursuing graduate-level research and beyond