PCE/CONT ED - pre-heading
PCE Online Learning Student Guide
The course website
Once you register, you will receive an email welcoming you to the course and information about how to access your online course through your online MyUW account.
- For enrollments received before the first day of the quarter, access to the course website will occur one day before the first day of the course.
- Otherwise, access to the course website will occur within two to five business days after the registration form and payment are received by Registration Services at UW Professional & Continuing Education.
The course website includes the course syllabus and streaming video of course lectures. Some instructors also include homework assignments, homework solutions, exam information, and discussion forum. Access to the course website will be available for the duration of the quarter only.
Please note, it can take up to two hours after the live course lecture for the streaming video to become available.
Textbooks, software and course packs
Textbooks, software, and course packs can be purchased from the UW bookstore. Online ordering and delivery are available. If no textbooks appear, contact the course instructor to confirm no textbooks are required or wait until the first day of class when the syllabus is available.
The UW Bookstore offers "Academic Prices" on certain software titles. Note that academic pricing is currently only available to students enrolled in degree programs; Graduate Non-Matriculated students are not eligible.
- A home or work computer equipped with broadband or cable Internet access. A fast Internet connection is strongly encouraged for streaming video.
- Computers that are five years old or newer should have sufficient memory, operating system configurations and monitor resolutions appropriate for online coursework for this program.
- Some courses may use additional software, which will be noted in the course syllabus. Examples include MATLAB, Maple, etc.
- For detailed technical information about viewing online classes, enrolled students should consult Using Mediasite at the University of Washington.