PCE/CONT ED - pre-heading
PCE Online Learning Student Guide
Before Your First Quarter
Welcome to your online degree program! Below are the steps to take before your first quarter begins at the University of Washington. Please review the information and get your questions answered.
- Create a UW NetID. Your UW NetID (with password) is your personal identification for using UW online resources. You will need your student number and private access code (PAC) to set up your UW NetID.
- New Students: Refer to your application status website to obtain both numbers. Go to the UW Accounts and Passwords page to set up your UW NetID.
- Returning UW Students: If you have previously registered at the UW, you may already have a UW NetID. If you've forgotten it or your password, please see these instructions to Get your UW NetID.
- Review the curriculum listed on your program's website. If needed, contact your department's graduate academic adviser to discuss your specific plan of study.
- Review the Examination policies and procedures. Now is a good time to locate a proctor in your area.
- Review the UW Graduate School's general graduate student policies. Information includes how to transfer credit from a previous institution to the University of Washington, on-leave procedures/maintaining continues enrollment, etc.
- Review dates and deadlines listed on UW Academic Calendar. One exception to deadlines found on the UW Academic Calendar: While campus students pay tuition a few weeks into the quarter, all tuition and fees are due at the time of registration for programs administered through UW Professional & Continuing Education.
- Review the UW Student Guide.
- Purchase textbooks, course packs, or software.
- For detailed technical information about viewing online classes, enrolled students can consult using Mediasite at the University of Washington.