Project proposals are accepted from June through September. College of Engineering faculty can advise on project ideas and scope upon request. When complete, please email the project proposal form to Jill.
What makes a good project proposal?
- Provides a small team of students* with a set of design and performance criteria that requires appropriate analytical study on a topic directly relevant to engineering
- Contains both a design and results phase, culminating in a specific project outcome
- Reflects lower-priority real-world problems faced by your company; mission critical problems are not appropriate student capstone projects
- Is appropriate for entry-level engineer in their first or second year on the job
- Is primarily self-contained, but also integrates with a larger context
* Starting in 2021-22, the program is expanding to include graduate-level projects and student teams.
We strongly encourage projects that are open to all UW Engineering students, regardless of citizenship.