Project proposals are accepted from June through September. College of Engineering faculty can advise on project ideas and scope upon request. When complete, please email the project proposal form to Jill Kaatz.
What makes a good project proposal?
- Scoped for a small team of students, with design and performance criteria requiring appropriate analytical study on a topic directly relevant to engineering
- Contains both a design and results phase, culminating in a specific project outcome
- Reflects lower-priority real-world problems faced by your organization; mission-critical problems are not appropriate projects
- Appropriate for entry-level engineers in their first or second year on the job
- Primarily self-contained, but also integrates within a larger context
* Starting in 2021-22, the program is expanding to include graduate-level projects and student teams.
We strongly encourage projects that are open to all UW Engineering students, regardless of citizenship.