Engineering Academy is a summer program that aims to cultivate the academic potential of rising high school seniors by preparing them for a bright future in engineering. We welcome and encourage students from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
What is Engineering Academy?
Engineering Academy is a summer program that brings together high school students from across the greater Seattle area. This academic program is designed to help you explore engineering and develop problem-solving skills essential to meeting college-level math and engineering standards.
Monday, July 25 - Friday, July 29, 2022
Programming will take place over a week in the summer, Monday - Friday tentatively from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the UW Seattle campus.
Session attendance is mandatory. You are responsible for your own transportation to and from campus.
- Must be a current junior (11th grade) during the 2021-2022 academic year
- Attend high school in the greater Seattle area
- Currently participating or previously participated in UW-Sponsored/Affiliated College Preparatory Program(s) or UW College Access program(s)
- Prior engineering experience or knowledge is not required
We strongly encourage students from the following backgrounds to apply
- African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander and Southeast Asian descent
- First-generation college students
- Low-income students
All applicants will be considered regardless of whether or not they match the criteria above.
Other application criteria; preferred but not required
- Strong academic record: 3.0 GPA or higher
- An active leader in high school and/or community
What is the cost of participating in Engineering Academy?
Thanks to the generous contributions of our corporate and individual donors, this summer program is free of cost to participants.
- Applicant information
- Legal guardian information
- School information form
- Unofficial high school transcript (from your school)
- UW-sponsored program participation
- Three short-response questions