Washington Engineer e-news
Washington Engineer is a quarterly email newsletter with a message from the dean and a roundup of research highlights, campus news, events, and media stories featuring our faculty and students.
In the May 2018 Washington Engineer:
- Dean's Message - The dean touches on the College’s plans for enrollment and facilities expansion, the results of the new admission process and our signature community outreach event.
- Research - Peptide-based biogenic dental product may cure cavities; Tissue paper sensors show promise for health care, entertainment, robotics; Researchers achieve HD video streaming at 10,000 times lower power
- Campus News - UW, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory team up to make the materials of tomorrow; Engineering students wow judges at Hollomon Health Innovation Challenge
- Events - USAF Science & Technology 2030 Forum; Engineering Development Forum
- In the Media - Wirelessly charging a smartphone with a laser; Helping low-vision users browse web pages; Ordering laundry detergent with 3D printing