Washington Engineer e-news
Washington Engineer is a quarterly email newsletter with a message from the dean and a roundup of research highlights, campus news, events, and media stories featuring our faculty and students.
In the August 2018 Washington Engineer:
- Dean's Message - The dean celebrates the achievements of our students in the STARS program and the successes of our student teams in summer competitions.
- Research - The first wireless flying robotic insect takes off; Apps for children should emphasize parent and child choice, researchers say
- Campus News - UW to expand admission of computer science majors as freshmen; UW program helps disadvantaged students thrive in tough engineering college; UW professor and Clean Energy Institute director Daniel Schwartz wins highest U.S. award for STEM mentors
- Events - Engineering for Social Good: Assistive Robots, Environmental Equity and Disaster Relief
- In the Media - Addicted to your phone? New features could help limit use; Soccer on your tabletop: Will we be watching the next World Cup in AR?; These attack robots and their UW creators will take on the world at RoboMaster competition in China