Speaker Proposal Guidelines
Proposals are closed for the 2019 WiSE Conference.
We invite individuals and teams to submit proposals on an engaging topic that you would like to share with our current and future WiSE students.
Proposals considered are centered around engineering and science education fields and initiatives that advance cultures of inclusion and diversity so that ALL in engineering can thrive.
Presentations may be in the format of workshops, panels, STEM hot shorts, or research showcase.
Submissions in any format should align with one of the following four distinct tracks:
- The Scholarship of STEM
- Academics and graduate scholars, strategies and skills for pursuing the engineering/science major, work and/or graduate school, opportunities and careers in academia, etc.
- Career Development and Professional Enrichment
- The transition from school to work, work & life balance, personal talent development, social media, branding and marketing skills, knowing and negotiating financial worth, etc.
- Entrepreneur, Innovation and Diversification in Engineering, Science and Technology
- Current trends and directions, Startup, careers and opportunities in public service, government and military
- Cultural Transformation: Championing inclusion and diversity for change in the STEM Culture
- Gender, globalization and social change in the work force, strategies for broadening inclusion, unconscious bias behavior, the data of engineering education, etc.