What is an Engineering Ambassador?
An Engineering Ambassador is a student representative of UW's College of Engineering who has a passion for engineering and wants to inspire that passion in others. Ambassadors connect with students in grades K-14 to educate them about engineering and about the opportunities offered by UW.
An Engineering Ambassador:
- Participates in outreach events at K-14 schools in Washington
- Gives campus tours
- Meets with prospective students
- Meets with industry representatives
Why become an Engineering Ambassador?
As an Engineering Ambassador, you'll help inspire the next generation of engineers and help the College attract a diverse body of students. Benefits of being an Engineering Ambassador include:
- Personal and professional development
- Networking with College administrators, faculty, alumni, and industry representatives
- An excellent resume addition that provides concrete evidence to employers of your communications expertise. Ambassador experiences also provide terrific talking points in interviews
- The opportunity to "leave your mark" and give back to UW and the College of Engineering
- Being a part of a fun and exciting team
- An Engineering Ambassadors team shirt
Join the Engineering Ambassador team
We're looking for students who have the following interests and skills:
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiasm for the field of engineering, the College, and UW
- Reliability and willingness to commit time each quarter to be part of an awesome team that serves the outreach goals of the College of Engineering