What is an Engineering Ambassador?
An Engineering Ambassador is a student representative of UW's College of Engineering who has a passion for engineering and wants to inspire that passion in others. Ambassadors connect with students in grades K-14 to educate them about engineering and about the opportunities offered by UW.
An Engineering Ambassador:
- Participates in outreach events at K-14 schools in Washington
- Gives campus tours
- Meets with prospective students
- Meets with industry representatives
Why become an Engineering Ambassador?
As an Engineering Ambassador, you'll help inspire the next generation of engineers and help the College attract a diverse body of students. Benefits of being an Engineering Ambassador include:
- Personal and professional development
- Networking with College administrators, faculty, alumni, and industry representatives
- An excellent resume addition that provides concrete evidence to employers of your communications expertise. Ambassador experiences also provide terrific talking points in interviews
- The opportunity to "leave your mark" and give back to UW and the College of Engineering
- Being a part of a fun and exciting team
- An Engineering Ambassadors team shirt
Join the Engineering Ambassador team
We're looking for students who have the following interests and skills:
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiasm for the field of engineering, the College, and UW
- Reliability and willingness to commit time each quarter to be part of an awesome team that serves the outreach goals of the College of Engineering
Educators: Schedule a visit
Through Engineering Ambassadors, outstanding engineering students from UW visit your K–14 classroom to educate your students on the possibilites in engineering. Engineering Ambassadors are happy to discuss majors, coursework, scholarships and college life. Student ambassadors can also provide a customized campus tour.