Visit Us/Attend Special Events
Experience for yourself the University of Washington Seattle campus. Described as a Collegiate Gothic oasis-in-the-city, campus is nestled between lakes, mountains, and forests and in the midst of the thriving city of Seattle.
- College of Engineering Self-guided Walking Tour
- You don't need to join an official tour to check out the University of Washington Seattle campus. Use this map to take a self-guided walking tour and visit the buildings that compose the College of Engineering. Campus is easily accessible by bus or lightrail.
- Engineering Discovery Days
- This is a great time to visit the UW College of Engineering! Each April, on a Friday and Saturday, the UW Engineering opens its doors to the community and welcomes students, families, alumni, and partner organizations to campus to visit over 100 hands-on exhibits (appropriate for students grades 4-12), hosted by the 10 engineering departments.
On Saturday, departments offer information sessions targeted for high school and transfer students.
- Preview Days - For UW admitted students
- The UW Office of Admissions welcomes admitted students to campus during Preview Days. While most engineering departments are not able to accommodate individual appointments with prospective students, the College of Engineering participates in several resource fairs in March and April.
If you have been admitted, register early for UW Preview Days and be sure to stop by and visit us!
- Purple & Gold Experience
- The UW invites newly admitted students of color to learn about programs that promote success, interact with current UW students, and find out about academic majors, support services, and social/cultural happenings on campus. The College of Engineering is proud to participate and speak to prospective students during many of the resource fairs.
Visiting and learning more about engineering programs
Each engineering department has information for prospective students and its own in-house advisers available. Follow this links to find information session dates and contacts for undergraduate advisers. It's best to make an appointment in advance. In some departments, chances of being able to speak to an adviser without an appointment are slim.
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Information sessions for high school and transfer students »
- Information sessions and adviser contact info »
- Chemical Engineering
- Individual appointments with the undergraduate adviser »
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Information sessions »
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information sessions »
- Electrical Engineering
- Information sessions and admission info »
- Human Centered Design & Engineering
- Information sessions and fairs calendar »
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Future undergraduate student information »
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Undergraduate program admission and adviser contact information »
- Mechanical Engineering
- Undergraduate admission and adviser contact information »