Washington Engineer e-news
Washington Engineer is a quarterly email newsletter with a message from the dean and a roundup of research highlights, campus news, events, and media stories featuring our faculty and students.
- Dean's Message - The dean touches on Paul G. Allen's death, innovation across the College of Engineering and the incoming freshman class.
- Research - Flying blind: How a drone can soar without using GPS; Bus battle: Do private shuttles affect the reliability of public transit?; Prescience: Helping doctors predict the future
- Campus News - UW, PNNL to host energy research center focusing on bio-inspired design and assembly; SCTL awarded $1.5M to improve goods delivery system; Marysville fifth-graders are engineers for a week
- Events - Dean's Distinguished Lecture: From the Ground Up: Remaking Engineering Education; Women in Science & Engineering Conference
- In the Media - Latinas hold only 2 percent of STEM jobs — these 5 women are working to fix that; Something's killing coho salmon in Seattle — car tires a prime suspect; Scientists showcase brain-to-brain communication with game of 3-player ‘Tetris’