Welcome to the Engineering Academy, an academic program that aims to cultivate the academic potential of underrepresented high school juniors by preparing them for a bright future in engineering.
What is Engineering Academy?
Engineering Academy is a summer program that brings together high school students from across Washington state. This academic program is designed to help you explore engineering and develop problem-solving skills essential to meeting the high standards of college-level math and engineering.
Wednesday, July 14 - Friday, July 30, 2021
Programming will take place over two and a half weeks in the summer, Monday - Friday tentatively from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Engineering Academy will take place virtually for Summer 2021.
Session attendance is mandatory for all participants. Opportunities in the evening or weekends will be optional but a great way to build community with your peers and get involved in supplemental learning.
- Must be a current junior (11th grade) during the 2020-2021 academic year
- Attend high school in the Greater Seattle Area
- Currently participating or previously participated in UW-Sponsored/Affiliated College Preparatory Program(s) or UW College Access program(s)
- Prior engineering experience or knowledge is not required
We strongly encourage students from the following backgrounds to apply
- African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander and Southeast Asian descent
- First generation college students
All applicants will be considered regardless of race or ethnicity.
Other application criteria; preferred but not required
- Strong academic record: 3.0 GPA or higher
- Active leader in high school and/or community
What is the cost to participate in Engineering Academy?
Thanks to the generous contributions of our corporate and individual donors, this program is free of cost to participants.
- Applicant Information
- Legal Guardian Information
- School Information Form
- Unofficial High School Transcript (from your school)
- UW-Sponsored Program Participation
- Application Essays (2), short answer question (1)