Location: See map.
Departments: Materials Science & Engineering
Mueller Hall was completed in 1989 for a cost of $2.9 million. Ralph Anderson and Koch Duarte designed this "daylight basement" facility around a sunken plaza. This allowed nearby Roberts Hall, which once housed the College of Mines, to retain its prominence along Stevens Way. Mueller Hall was named for Professor James Mueller. He had been a Professor of Mining and Metallurgical and Ceramic Engineering from 1949-73. The last three years he was chair of the department. Mueller Hall now houses the Materials Science & Engineering department.