Academics & Advising
Pre-engineering students can meet with any adviser in Student Academic Services for help with:
- Exploring academic interests
- Developing plans for your major
- Understanding and completing requirements
- Avoiding or overcoming administrative problems
- Developing a sense of purpose in your undergraduate education
- Appointments with Advisers
Monday — Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To make an appointment, call (206) 543-1770 or email email@example.com.
Be sure to include your name, student number, phone number, times you are available, and the reason for your appointment.
- Drop-in Advising
- Tuesday — Friday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
No drop-in hours during summer quarter or school breaks.
- Group Advising
- The session dates and times are to be announced
Groups meet in Loew Hall 014
Registration for group sessions will open soon.
Meet other pre-engineering students and learn from each other’s questions and experiences at one of our group advising sessions! Group advising sessions are held periodically throughout the year and are a great opportunity to discuss topics with an adviser while also connecting with your peers.
Learn more about UW Engineering
- Engineering Departments and Degrees »
- Discover the myriad of undergrad and graduate engineering programs you can pursue.
- Course Schedule Planning »
- Learn which pre-engineering prerequisites you must complete before applying to an Engineering department program.
- Academic Success »
- Know the expectations for engineering students and the support that's available, including study centers and academic support programs.
Discover Engineering: Introductory Seminars
Several courses and seminars are available each year that allow students to find out more about engineering and about specific majors within the College of Engineering. Many of these options are one or two credits and are seminars which do not require homework or exams, so they can easily be taken in addition to a regular full-time course load.
|Course ID||Credits||Course/Seminar name||Quarter|
|BIOEN 299||1||Intro to Bioengineering||aut spr|
|BSE 201||3||Intro to Pulp, Paper, and Bioproducts||win|
|AA 496||1||Undergraduate Seminar||win|
|CEE 100||1||Twenty-first Century Civil and Environmental Engineering||win|
|MSE 298||1||Intro to Modern Materials||aut spr|
|BSE 150||1||Bioresource Science & Engineering Seminar||aut|
|GENST 197F||1||Freshman Seminar (various topics)||aut win spr|
|HCDE 498||3||Intro to Human Centered Design & Engineering||aut|