Academics & Advising
Pre-engineering students can meet with any adviser in Student Academic Services (formerly Engineering Advising & Diversity Center). Advisers help you explore academic interests, develop plans for your major, understand and complete requirements, avoid or overcome administrative problems, and develop a sense of purpose in your undergraduate education.
- “Drop-in” advising is available Autumn, Winter and Spring quarters, Tuesday through Friday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. There are no drop-in hours during Summer Quarter or during school breaks.
- To make an appointment with an adviser, please call (206) 543-1770 or e-mail email@example.com. When e-mailing to make an appointment please include the following information:
- Student Number
- Phone Number
- Times Available
- Reason for appointment
Learn more about UW Engineering:
Degrees Offered »
Discover the myriad of undergrad and graduate engineering programs you can pursue.
Course Schedule Planning »
Learn which Pre-engineering prerequisites you must complete before applying to an Engineering department program.
Academic Success »
Know the expectations for engineering students and the support that's available, including study centers and academic support programs.
Department Adviser Directory
Math Academy is Hiring!
Math Academy seeks 3 undergrads to be Educational & Residential Group Leaders.
- Full-time July 2 - Aug. 1.
- Tutor students, assist instructors.
- Live on campus with Math Academy students.
- Work long hours.
- Receive good pay, free housing and meals, and great work experience!
Academic Support through Learning Communities
The Engineering Academic Center is a place where students hone the skills they need to succeed in introductory math, physics or chemistry courses. Workshop participants, usually 10 to 20 students, meet twice a week in study groups and form learning communities.
Engineering Academic Center
Center leader Dave Prince