PEER Leaders are a cadre of student leaders who are helping to improve the UW College of Engineering by creating positive change toward a more inclusive engineering environment.
PEER Leaders engage faculty, staff and fellow students through presentations that describe how the PEERs seminar, coupled with their own course work, prepare them for their future as engineering leaders.
The presentations highlight what the students have learned about diversity in science and engineering, the impact of unconscious bias, stereotypes, privilege, engaging the community and building allies to support all students succeeding in engineering.
Past presentations have ranged from brief introductory presentations to 90 minute workshops.
Bring PEER Leaders to Your Organization - PEER Leaders are available to present at student society meetings, faculty meetings, conferences, workshops, and a variety of other events. To schedule a PEER Leaders presentation, contact Joyce Yen at email@example.com.
PEERs leaders created a Facebook page to encourage greater engagement with the PEERs program and dissemination of topics regarding diversity in science and engineering. Visit the page here!
- Past PEER Leader presentations are available on-line.
Note: Presentations are offered in .pdf format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view. If you require an alternate format, please e-mail us your request.
course page to learn more about enrolling.- PEER Leaders must complete the Fall PEERs seminar to be eligible. If you are a student and are interested in becoming a PEER Leader, visit our
Our PEER Leaders program is modeled after Michigan's ADVANCE Science and Technology Recruiting to Improve Diversity and Excellence, or STRIDE.
2013 PEER Leaders
- Cezanne Camacho, Electrical Engineering
- Nuvala Fomban, Bioengineering
- Jennifer Kang, Computer Science & Engineering
- Serena Lam, Electrical Engineering
- Ahlmahz Negash, Electrical Engineering
- Elise Neroutsos, Pre-Engineering
- Christina Paz, Materials Science & Engineering
- Carmen Rodriguez, Pre-Engineering
- Rachel Rosenzweig, Pre-Engineering
- Megan Torkildson, Human Centered Design & Engineering
- Quoc-Anh Vu, Pre-Engineering
Past PEER Leaders
- Edison Amah, Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Shiri Azenkot, Computer Science & Engineering
- Leslie Cornaby, Bioengineering
- Anna Gillan, Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Abdulkadir Idris, Pre-Engineering
- Dale Jackson, Electrical Engineering
- Victoria Rodriguez, Bioengineering
- Kimberlee Sing, Chemical Engineering
- Tanner Smith, Pre-engineering
- Rafael Vertido, Pre-Engineering
Recent PEER Leader Presentations
June 7, 2013
April 26-27, 2013
March 2, 2013
December 1, 2012
November 9, 2012
October 24, 2012
September 26, 2012
September 10, 2012
August 3, 2012
July 13, 2012
July 9, 2012
May 19, 2012
May 18, 2012
Presentation to Chemical Engineering's Distinguished Young Scholars Selection Panel
May 2-11, 2012
Tabling at Red Square
All presentations are in .pdf format, which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you'd like to request an alternate format, please let us know.