Course Schedule Planning
The goal of the pre-engineering years is to complete the prerequisites for the departments you are interested in. If you have not picked a department, then create a plan that prepares you for more than one major.
We recommend you speak with an adviser as you create and revise your plans.
During the first two years, students take required courses in:
- math, chemistry, physics and engineering fundamentals
- English composition
- general education courses in the Visual, Literary, & Performing Arts (VLPA)
- general education courses in Individuals & Society (I&S)
Required Courses by Department compares the prerequisites for each engineering department.
Departmental Prerequisites and Sample Four-year Plans
The term "prerequisite" is used in two different ways when discussing course planning:
- Admission prerequisites are the courses you must complete to apply to a particular department.
- Course prerequisites are the courses you must complete to register for a more advanced course. Pay close attention to course prerequisites so you plan your courses in the correct order.
Listed below are four-year sample plans and overall graduation requirements for each engineering department. Your actual course schedule will vary, based on your academic background and course availability.
Please check with the specific engineering department adviser or at the Engineering Advising Center (Loew 301) for most recent materials. Contact information is located at the end of each sample plan.
- William E. Boeing Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Bioresource Science & Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Centered Design & Engineering
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering