Registration and Logistics
Registration is required for groups of 10 or more and for groups arriving in buses. Registration is suggested for all who plan to participate so we can communicate any changes or logistical information.
Travel and Parking
See UW Commuter Services for transportation information, including bus service, directions and parking details.
Parking on Friday
You will be directed to park in the E-1 parking lot. See the PDF map and driving directions. The fee for parking is $6.00. Please be aware that the E-1 parking lot only excepts CASH.
Look for the welcome booth in the parking lot, as well as one outside of Loew Hall on campus. Please check in and pick up a program. The program will list the exhibits and locations, and will also include a map.
Parking on Saturday
Parking is available in the E-1 parking lot and the Padelford garage.
|Padelford garage||Between Stevens Way and Mason Road (closer than E-1).||$5.00|
|E-1 lot||North of Husky Stadium on Montlake Blvd.||$6.00|
There will be a welcome booth outside of Loew Hall on campus. We ask that you check in, and pick up a program. The program will list the exhibits and locations, and will also include a map.
If you are parking on campus, we will be mailing out packets with parking instructions and directions by the 2nd week of April.
If you are NOT parking on campus, the drop-off and pick-up location will be the E-1 parking lot, please view the parking map above for directions. Although, this is the same location as bus parking, you may not park your bus if you have not registered or registered your bus AFTER the cut of date.
If you need special arrangements, please contact Jessica Perkins, (206) 543-1770.
Eating on Campus
A variety of food choices are available for purchase on both days. See the campus dining map for these and other locations.
- The HUB (now reopened!)
- 8 at McMahon Hall Food court.
- Eleven 01 Student dining hall with soup, salad bar, prepared meals and market.
- ReBoot Coffee stand with baked goods.
You are welcome to bring your own picnic or sack lunch and enjoy plenty of indoor and outdoor eating spots.
Tip for Groups: Guest Husky Cards
If your group will purchase food on campus, consider buying one or more pre-paid guest Husky cards. This will save you the time of cashiers making change for each person in your group and could save confusion when students can't find or don't have their money. There is a service fee of $15 for up to 50 guest cards.
- The number of cards.
- That you are visiting for Engineering Discovery Days.
- The dollar amount you'd like available on each card.
- Whether you would like the cards to be valid on campus only or also at the University Book Store (please refer to our complete list of on-campus locations that accept the Husky Card.)
- The dates you would like your cards to be valid for use. All cards must have an expiration date.
- Method of payment: Credit cards, POs and UW budget numbers are accepted. If paying by a UW budget, please include the budget name and number. POs must be faxed to us at 206-221-6471.
- When you would like to pick up your guest card order.
The remaining balance on your guest cards will be refunded automatically.