Direct to College (DTC) - in process of updating
Direct to College is a new admission process that assures incoming freshman students who are admitted into the College of Engineering that they can pursue an engineering degree at the UW. The changes take effect for the incoming freshman class of 2018.
We are in the process of updating our website to reflect the changes. For details, see:
Admission for Prospective UW Students
Together with world class partners, we are developing a new generation of innovators.
A national leader in educating engineers, each year the University of Washington's College of Engineering produces new discoveries, inventions and topflight graduates, all contributing to the strength of our economy and the health and vitality of our community.
- Starting with the 2018 incoming freshman class, a new admission pathway assures students who are admitted to the College of Engineering that they will be able to pursue an engineering degree at the UW. Prospective freshmen apply to the UW and select one of the engineering majors as their first choice to be considered for Direct to College admission. Learn more in Freshman Admission »
- UW students in majors other than Engineering Undeclared, including pre-engineering students admitted 2017 or earlier, will apply to departments. Admission to engineering departments is highly competitive for students not admitted directly to the college. Learn more in Department Admission »
- The best pathway for transfer students to enter the College of Engineering is to complete all engineering department prerequisites and then to apply to the UW and the department in tandem. To learn more about planning for a smooth transition, including recommended coursework and application deadlines, visit Transfer Student Admission »
Graduate degree programs and admission
- UW Engineering departments offer a variety of graduate degrees and programs. For information about graduate programs admission resources, and contacting advisers in engineering departments, visit Graduate Studies »
Professional master's and certificate programs
- Certificate and Professional Master's Programs for engineers in all career stages and industries. Also, profiles of recent professional program students. Learn more in Professional Master's and Certificate Programs »