Future Students

International Student Resources

Students who need an F-1 student visa or have other types of temporary, non-immigrant visas are considered international students.

For help clarifying your status as an international student, complete the International Student Helper.

U.S. government executive order on immigration

The University of Washington is closely monitoring the changing situation regarding the executive order and its impact on our community members.

As communicated by University of Washington President Ana Marie Cauce, the UW is proud to be home to students, faculty, staff and scholars from around the world. We stand with them and will provide them with support as needed.

Application information

International students apply to UW Engineering through the admissions process for freshman and transfer students. For more information about UW admissions visit the UW Apply page.

Incoming exchange students

To attend UW as a visiting exchange student, you must be enrolled at one of our partner universities and nominated as a candidate for exchange by the International Office at your home university. Contact your university's exchange coordinator for questions about the nomination and selection process.

The UW's Study Abroad office provides resources and information to help move people and ideas across international boundaries.

International tuition and fees

IP&E offers a small number of tuition waivers, through an annual competition, for use by foreign students studying at the UW. Priority is given to visiting exchange students who will receive their degrees from foreign institutions. Recipients must be enrolled full-time and cannot hold other types of university support, such as teaching or research assistantships, for the quarters their tuition is waived under this program. Waivers cannot be used for Summer Quarter.

For more information, contact:

UW Study Abroad
459 Schmitz Hall, Box 355815
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98915
Phone: (206) 221-4404