Academics & Advising
UW Engineering Advising
Pre-engineering students can meet with any adviser in Student Academic Services for help with:
- Exploring academic interests
- Developing plans for your major
- Understanding and completing requirements
- Avoiding or overcoming administrative problems
- Developing a sense of purpose in your undergraduate education
- Appointments with Advisers
- Monday — Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To make an appointment, call (206) 543-1770 or email email@example.com.
Be sure to include your name, student number, phone number, times you are available, and the reason for your appointment.
- Drop-in Advising
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Wednesday & Friday, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
No drop-in hours during summer quarter or school breaks.
- Transfer Thursday
- Thursday, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Takes place following the UW-wide Transfer Thursday information session.
Learn more about UW Engineering
- Engineering Departments and Degrees »
- Discover the myriad of undergrad and graduate engineering programs you can pursue.
- Course Schedule Planning »
- Learn which pre-engineering prerequisites you must complete before applying to an Engineering department program.
- Academic Success »
- Know the expectations for engineering students and the support that's available, including study centers and academic support programs.
Discover Engineering: Introductory Seminars
These courses and seminars allow students to find out more about engineering and about specific majors within the College of Engineering. Many of these options are one or two credits and are seminars which do not require homework or exams, so they can easily be taken in addition to a regular full-time course load.
|Course ID||Credits||Course/Seminar name||Quarter|
|GENST 197F||1||Freshman Seminar (various topics)||aut win spr|
|ENGR 101||1||Engineering Exploration — which engineering major is right for you?||aut spr|
|AA 395||1||Aeronautics & Astronautics Undergraduate Seminar||aut|
|BIOEN 299||1||Intro to Bioengineering||aut spr|
|BSE 150||1||Bioresource Science & Engineering Seminar||aut|
|CEE 100||1||Twenty-first Century Civil and Environmental Engineering||win|
|HCDE 210||3||Explorations in Human Centered Design||aut win spr|
|MSE 298||1||Intro to Modern Materials||aut spr|
Engineering student computer lab
For pre-engineering students (but open to all engineering majors), the lab has 36 workstations in the main room, plus 3 small rooms for groups of 4 students to work collaboratively around one computer with a 46" monitor.
Location: Wilcox Hall, room 73
Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
Available for classes to reserve between 8 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday
To reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org