Engineering Scholarships Awarded through the Dean's Office
The College of Engineering has a variety of scholarships and programs for undergraduates including: merit and need based awards from donor funds such as the Crawford Family Endowed Scholarship; grants including S-STEM, CH2M Hill, and NACME; and programs like Emerging Leaders in Engineering.
- Emerging Leaders in Engineering
- Emerging Leaders in Engineering Scholarships are awarded to students who are selected to participate in the Emerging Leaders in Engineering Program. The Program is designed to help undergraduate engineering students develop their leadership abilities through practical experience, personal reflection and assisting with planned College of Engineering activities.
- National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACME)
- NACME is widely known as the nation's largest private source of scholarships for African American, American Indian and Latino women and men in engineering. Over 15 percent of all minority engineering graduates since 1974 have received scholarship support from NACME and are now leaders in government, industry, and academia.
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be either a US citizen or permanent resident
- Have demonstrated financial need (as determined by the FAFSA report)
- Be enrolled as a pre-engineering or engineering student
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.8
- Mojtahedi Nexus Scholarship
- The Ali Mojtahedi Humanities and Engineering Nexus Scholarship supports students pursuing academic studies in any field in the College of Engineering combined with studies in the arts, humanities, or social sciences within the College of Arts & Sciences. While selected students will typically have declared two or more majors, students who are early in their studies and who have not yet declared multiple majors are welcome to apply.
To apply, submit the online scholarship application. The priority application deadline for scholarship for the 2017-18 academic year is May 15, 2017.
- Mary Gates Endowment for Students (a UW fund that provides a variety of scholarships for honors, research, leadership, and venture)