Students who were admitted autumn 2017 or earlier and who indicated an interest in engineering on their UW application are designated "pre-engineering" status.
As a pre-engineering student, once you have completed all prerequisite courses, you can apply for admission to one or more engineering programs.
- Considering applying to more than one engineering department?
- Be sure to meet with an adviser to create a course plan that will meet the prerequisites for all your chosen departments.
- Changing status to pre-engineering status?
- You can request to have your status changed to pre-engineering in 301 Loew Hall.
- Want tips on writing your personal statement?
- See Writing Your Personal Statement.
Department admission process
Applicants who are UW students are considered at the same time as transfer applicants. The criteria by which applicants are judged vary from department to department, but are based in part on the GPA earned in prerequisite courses.
Departmental admissions are competitive. Simply meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. For the most current information regarding competitiveness please visit Department Admission Statistics.
If you need assistance in filling out the application or have questions about the process, contact an adviser at (206) 543-1770.
2019 application deadlines
|Start quarter||Application deadline||Departments admitting during the quarter|