Workshops & Seminars
“Academic workshops” are a one-credit/no credit course (ENGR 197) offered Autumn, Winter, and Spring quarters to provide academic support for some of the core engineering pre-requisite classes. The workshops vary from quarter to quarter in conjunction with the following courses:
- Math 120, 124, 125, 126, 307
- Chemistry 142, 152
- Physics 121, 122, 123
To register for an academic workshop, contact your pre-engineering adviser in Loew 301. ENGR 197 is open to all pre-engineering students registering for the courses listed above.
Here's what you can expect from the workshops:
- You work directly with a Workshop Learning Facilitator three hours a week in class covering your course material. Emphasis is placed upon mastery of concepts covered in lectures.
- You work collaboratively with other workshop participants, teaching and learning from each other.
- Course material is be covered more in-depth than in the related class.
- You receive tips and guidance on how to prepare for exams, how to best study, and how to best use your course books and materials.
- You work through problems and learn to problem-solve at your own pace as well as under timed, test-taking conditions.
- In additional to in-class time, you can contact your Learning Facilitator during their scheduled office hours in Loew 207 for additional support.